We're committed to minimizing debit card fraud
Here are some proven ways that will help keep you safe and secure, no matter where, when or how you use your Prosperity Mastercard Debit Card.
- Let us know when and where you will be traveling to ensure uninterrupted use of your card. Call your local banking center and provide us with your travel information.
- If we suspect fraudulent transactions on your card, we must act quickly. If we cannot contact you, we may temporarily stop access to your card to protect your account.
- If your card stops working while you’re traveling, call our Customer Service Center at +1-281-607-1005. Representatives are available Monday - Friday from 7 a.m. to 7 p.m. and on Saturday from 9 a.m.to 5 p.m. If calling after-hours, press Option 2 to speak with our Lost/Stolen Card Department 24/7. Beware of card skimmers, devices attached to an ATM by thieves in an effort to read debit card information from the card’s magnetic stripe. These skimmers will gather data from multiple cards and sometimes even install a camera or a fake keyboard pad to collect PINs.
- There are two simple steps you can take to help defend against card skimmers:
- If it doesn’t look or feel right, take a closer look at the ATM. Since card skimmers and fake keyboards are installed on top of existing hardware, they can move easily and often wiggle when pushed on to help ensure that a camera isn’t capturing your private information, cover the keypad with one hand when putting in your PIN
- Another step you can take is to cover the keypad with your hand when putting in your PIN. This will keep any possible camera from capturing your private information.